Executive Sustainability Administrative Assistant
Would You Like to Join our Green Building Team?
We are looking for an Executive Sustainability Administrative Assistant to support our progressive consulting business. The ideal candidate will be computer savvy, a social media guru and a great typist with a keen eye for detail. Working closely with our design, construction, engineering and energy specialists, you will be exposed to the world of green building in a fun, informal workplace with a team that thrives on the mantra of ‘work hard, play hard, live green, learn always’.
A Day in the Life…Are you ready for this?
· Update data including Sustainability Certification packages (LEED, BuiltGreen, WELL, etc.)
· Transfer data from electronic and paper format onto our server
· Retrieve data from the server as requested
· Verify data against design + construction reference documents
· Write articles for social media, to keep our social media accounts fresh and trending
· Actively search public tenders and network with industry for projects to bid on
· Basic book keeping, generate invoices
· Track Subconsultant invoice/payments
· Maintain membership/sponsorship scheduling and renewals
· Update product database and EHS documentation
· Liaise with green building certification bodies (CaGBC, USGBC, Living Futures Institute, BuiltGreen Canada, etc.) as needed to support the team
· Take meeting minutes, order supplies, book venues
· Plan work/team/social events
· Help with logistics for green building industry and networking events at our office
Attributes + Experience
· Proven experience as an executive assistant or executive director of a non-profit
· Fast + accurate typing skills
· Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
· Working knowledge of basic office equipment, computer hardware and peripheral devices
· Social media savvy, with an aptitude for marketing and business development
· Working knowledge of book keeping/invoicing (Quickbooks)
· Basic knowledge of green building (e.g. LEED) is an asset
· Basic understanding of commercial building design and construction
· Proficiency in English - oral and written
· Friendly and engaging personality
· Great attention to detail, excellent organizational skills
· Flexibility to work in an open plan office where days can quickly change from quiet to energetic
· Legally eligible to work in Canada
We are sustainability consultants, educators, advocates and innovators, involved in many local and regional green building initiatives. An interest in the green building industry, sustainability, and representing our company in the public realm is an asset.
We offer a fun, challenging, interactive environment where you will learn and grow with our team. As an innovative employer, we offer flexible work locations and hours for work-life balance. We want you to wake up excited to be a part of this, and to come home happy and refreshed with plenty of time to spend with your family, friends, or just enjoy the things you love to do.
Our community and family values include volunteerism, philanthropy, educating, and setting a positive example for our neighbours, partners, teams, clients, students, and emerging professionals. We have many opportunities to get involved with the local green building community, sustainability events, conferences, tradeshows, workshops, and symposiums.
Potential team members will be contacted by phone and invited to our Bridgeland location for an interview. Can’t wait to meet you!
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org